Last night at Spacecubed, the Crime Stoppers WA website was announced as a finalist in the ‘Not For Profit’ category of the Australian Web Awards.
Crime Stoppers WA came to us last year looking for a new website that would allow them to;
- balance the support role provided for WA Police whilst establishing that Crime Stoppers WA is an independent not-for-profit organisation serving the community.
- provide a way to encourage both online reports and phone calls to help solve crimes.
- establish their position as a not-for-profit organisation.
- clearly explain who they are and what they do.
- clearly explain the kind of crimes that Crime Stoppers work in preventing and solving alongside the relevant authorities.
- define crime types and provide prevention tips.
- provide a clear pathway to the online reporting form and explain when it should be used.
- make reporting phone number easily accessible and educate users on when to use it.
- increase opportunities for community to engage with Crime Stoppers as a volunteer or advocate or sponsor.
- increase exposure for sponsors across the site.
- ensure the site worked across all devices.
- Ensure the brand is positioned to communicate directly with community members in Western Australia.
- encourage action from the community by reporting suspicious activity.
- encourage action from the community by reporting information that relates to the open cases.
- encourage participation from kids in school years 7, 8 and 9 via the competition entry.
We freshened and updated the look, feel, content and structure with the result for the client has been a huge lift in engagement, reports and positive recognition.
As quoted by Mara from Tinderbox, one of our collaborators, “It takes a village to build a website” and for this site it couldn’t be truer. We couldn’t have delivered such an outstanding website without the collaboration of;
- Tinderbox Creative for the Graffiti Action Challenge sub site and brand and for Crime Stoppers Week materials.
- The Write Words for written content and advice us on photos, where relevant.
- Fasthit for security planning, execution and ongoing monitoring.
It’s been an award-winning week for Crime Stoppers WA, as they were also presented with 5 media awards at the Crime Stoppers International conference. Awesome work!
The national web awards will be held later in the year, so stay tuned.share this